Sunday, September 8, 2013

Moving In

Before reading this post, since I don't really want to reveal names and such. Roommate is whom I share a room with and will be calling her that from now on. Flatmate is the girl right next door in another room, which is what I will be calling her from now on.

Well I have had an eventful two days, which include furnishing, cleaning and meeting. First of all, my beginning moments of being a resident did not go at all like planned, but frankly, I was too tired to care.  My flight got in around 2 am, which means customs was really long. I didn't get through until about 3. I got a taxi to my hotel, and went and took a long shower. By the time I went to asleep it was around 3:45 am. Needless to say you would think I slept in until noon. No, my internal clock was like, "YOUR NOT JETLAGGED LETS WAKE UP AT 7," stupid body... I decided to relax that morning before taking on the venture of going to find the bus to take me back to the airport, so I could catch a bus into town. The bus was only just across the road from the hotel, one problem, they didn't mention the road was over the hill yonder. I found the bus, nonetheless. I made it to the airport and caught my bus into London. Stansted airport is about an hour away from London. The british country side is absolutely gorgeous, so one could say it wasn't a bad bus ride. I got into Liverpool station, in which I had no idea which way to go. I wandered around until I saw a sign that said "Bethnal Green that way," forty minutes later in the pooring rain I made it to my apartment. I talked to the reception, I signed a contract, I got the key, I came in, I took a nap. I decided after this that I needed to buy some food. I went to the store, got some breakfasty items and a premade dinner seeing that I had no idea what was actually in my apartment. I came back and my roommate and flatmate were both here! My roommate is from Brazil, she is very nice and fun. My other flatmate is from the Netherlands, she is also very
my room so far, purple bed
friendly. We have been getting along great so far, and I believe we will all be good friends by the end of this. My roommate will be attending Hult with me. My flatmate, however, is here on an internship. That night we got to know each other, and the apartment. Since my flatmate had been here for a couple of days she knew that my roommate and I didn't have pillows, or bed spreads, or blankets. So she took us to a Primark (the most amazing store ever), and we got all the furnishing (that we absolutely needed). We came back, and crashed.
The next day, I decided to go to Primark to buy some hangers, and other things I needed. They have everything from hangers, to purses, to makeup, to clothes all for very cheap! Well London cheap, but that is ok. I came back and then my roommate and I went out and bought more food that we needed and went to a stationary store to get things like pens, paper, tape, scissors. We also got the largest medium sized coffee ever, from Costa. I was very surprised because everybody says, "American larges are too large," but this was huge! When we came back to the apartment, our flatmate was here. We decided what we were going to do about the kitchen, and we decided that the apartment needed a nice cleaning. It was so grossss, ew! So we cleaned for about an hour, and it feels a lot better. However, the cleaning is not done. Today is a new day though, and it started out by my making tea and eating a chocolate croissant. I have to say not a bad start!

No comments:

Post a Comment