Tuesday, August 20, 2013

London Calling!

Well, we are now done with London. I think I have fallen in love with this city, everything from people to pub grub. This city is enchanting, and I am so excited to be living in it. Right now I report to you from a small hotel outside of Heathrow, it seems more like a sea bunk. It makes writing this rather interesting, it makes it seems like a should be writing Gulliver's Travels. Well to start the story of Carli's Travels, we made it to London on a rather cloudy day, not much different than any other day. We were staying at the Great Eastern, a fantastic hostel just outside of London near Canary Wharf. We stayed and had dinner at the pub below the hostel, and it was all good fun. We were in a nine bed mixed dorm, which actually turned out to be fantastic. I met some great people, three were from the States, one from Russia, one from South Africa, and one from Poland. The others in the room I did not meet so I wouldn't know. It was a really fun experience, everybody was really nice, and I would definitely stay there again. It is also in a fantastic locations, about twenty minutes to Tower Hill and about five minutes from Greenwich. We spent our next day roaming the streets of London from the Tower of London, all the way, to Millenium Bridge. On the way we stopped at St. Paul's Cathedral, and one of the oldest gothic churches in England.




The next day we went out and saw Buckingham Palace, Kings Cross, Big Ben, Piccadilly, Soho, Leicester Square, Greenwich Maritime College, and Trafalgar Square. It was all in good fun!




Sorry for the shortness of the posts, it is just really hard to get lots of time to thoroughly write what has happened. Now I am in Paris, the post will be coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment